2008 Easter Hockey Festival nearly upon us
January 17, 2008
The 2008 Guernsey Easter Festival is nearly upon us. This year Easter is early (23rd March) so get your troops rallied.
This year the event promises to be even bigger and better than last year – which will be quite something. Places are going fast so please get in touch via [email protected] for more information or to register your interest.
The format of the festival in 2008 will ensure a good standard of hockey combined with lots of off pitch activity – playing, drinking, dancing, and generally making merry.
To give you an idea of the format of the weekend:
- Thursday 20th March: Teams arrive and check in to hotels, Welcome event at La Collinette Hotel.
- Friday 21st March: Games all day, Live music and food at the Clubhouse and marquee.
- Saturday 22nd March: Games all day, Festival party at Rogues nightclub (ideal opportunity to go out as a team for some pre party food – get in contact if you need tips for restaurants)
- Sunday 23rd March: Finals day, food and Roman Toga party at the Clubhouse and marquee with live music
- Monday: The bar will be open for a few farewell drinks and if people want to play we can organise games depending on travel times – please let us know.
There will, of course, be other events throughout the programme which will be confirmed closer to the time.
Thanks for all of your comments which we have taken on board from last year, the feedback was great and we must be doing something right because the vast majority of teams are returning in 2008. In addition to the jam packed programme of games and events, and in response to your feedback from last year, 2008 will see:
- 2 bars
- Selection of food available throughout the day from outside caterers
- Qualified umpires
- More games for teams
We have secured deals at the following hotels:
- La Collinette – £40 per person per night B&B
- St Pierre Park Hotel – £93 per three people sharing a room B&B
Flights are available from most major UK airports and can be found at www.aurigny.com and www.flybe.com. Alternatively you can come via ferry with Condor or HD Ferries.
As you can see we have kept entry costs very low again this year to entice you to the sparkly isle:
- Local Sides = £185
- Visiting sides = £120
We are really looking forward to seeing you all again and welcoming new faces in March. We’re hoping that 2008 is going to be the biggest festival and certainly the best, so get booking.